Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mister & Miss Leprechaun Contest

     On St. Patrick's Day, I had the pleasure of judging the Mister and Miss Leprechaun contest in my hometown!  Jocelyn Weyer (Miss Northeast Counties OT), Samantha Caraway (Miss Pulaski Counties OT), and Jenna Osseck (Miss Northeast Counties), and I chose a 1 boy and 1 girl winner in each of the seven age divisions ranging from 0 months to 7 years.
     Each of the contestants put on their best St. Patty's Day attire for the event.  When their age division was called, they stood in front us, smiled, waved, and some even blew us kisses! :)  Taking their wardrobe and personality into consideration, Jocelyn, Samantha, Jenna, and I conversed to choose the winner.  The winner was then announced and crowned on the spot.  After we got through all 7 categories, it was time to choose the boy and girl that would be crowned the overall winners.


     After the contest was over, we were able to walk with all the Mister and Miss Leprechaun contestants in a parade.  It was a bit windy, but still a beautiful day!!

Mrs. Keck, my science teacher, & I pose for a picture while
we wait for the parade to start!! :)
     Gina Shorten organizes the Mister and Miss Leprechaun contest every year.  I have known Gina for a while, as her daughter and I dance together.  She's an awesome woman and she does a great job with the contest!!  Thank you for having me, Gina!  I'm always up for meeting festive kids! :)
With Love,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment