Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance

     On Friday after visiting Mrs. Roberts' class, I attended the Daddy Daughter dance in my home town!  Jenna Osseck (Miss Northeast Counties), Jocelyn Weyer (Miss Northeast Counties OT), Samantha Caraway (Miss Pulaski Counties OT), and I spent the evening greeting guests, dancing with little girls, and signing autographs.  It was a great time!!


Jocelyn & I!!
     We began the evening by greeting all the guests as they came in.  The girls ranged from pre-school to 8th grade. After a while the incoming crowd slowed down, so we decided it was time to dance!!  We danced to songs ranging from the Macarena to Beyonce's "Single Ladies."  I love the Daddy Daughter Dance because there's always a dance floor full of girls and a ring around the dance floor full of non-dancing dads. But no worries!! There are always a few brave dads! :)

 


     Next, it was time to sign autographs!  Jenna, Jocelyn, Samantha, & I sat in a line at the back of the room.  The girls formed a line and filed through to each one of us.  It was very organized for a while, but as I'm sure you can imagine (with 800 girls!) it got a bit chaotic after a while!  Luckily, everyone who wanted an autograph was able to get one!


     We finished the night out by thanking Carol Cox for inviting us to the event & dancing some more!  This time we were kickin' it old school!  We danced to "I Will Survive" and even a little "Thriller."  Both of which were great dancing tunes. :)

     There were a little over 800 girls at this year's Daddy Daughter Dance!  Dancing and kids are 2 of my favorite things.  So when you put 800 dancing kids in front of me, I can't help but have a good time!  We had an AWESOME time!  Thank you Carol!
Thank you Carol!!
This is Mercedes.
She comes to our dance clinic, Tigerinas, every year!
She even showed me the leap she had been working on!

In the fall, I was a wife in my school's musical, "The King & I."
These two girls, Kaeley and Audrey were my children! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment