Monday, September 5, 2011

St. Louis Adventure!! :)


     Although I'd been to St. Louis multiple times over the past 9 months, I felt like I hadn't really experienced all that the city had to offer.  So, I decided to fix that!  My family and I left for St. Louis on the last Friday of July.  We stayed with the Bisch family at their house and Jillian was able to join us for most of the weekend.

     We kicked off our weekend of St. Louis fun with the Science Center on Saturday!  We saw a lot of interesting exhibits and fun gadgets.  The best part was getting to play scientist with our finger prints.  We even got to put on lab coats and use magnifying glasses.


     Saturday evening we went to the arch or the "Gateway to the West" (get it?!) and explored the museum downstairs.  We wore our crowns and signed many autographs. :)  Unfortunately there was a long wait to go up into the arch, so we bought tickets for the next morning.  After we left the arch, everyone was starving.  So, we went to a pizza place for dinner!



     On Sunday morning, we headed back to the arch and we got to go inside it this time!  Going into the arch was what I was looking forward to most in our St. Louis adventure because I had never been into the arch.  I'd driven by it multiple times and was FINALLY getting to go inside it!  I was also quite thrilled to be going to the arch as Miss Gateway to the West OT, because the arch IS the Gateway to the West!  I felt a bit of ownership over the fabulous structure. ;-)


     If you've never been into the arch, you are missing out.  The view of St. Louis from 630 ft in the air is amazing!  I took lots of pictures. :-)  I enjoyed every minute I was in the arch.  Unfortunately, it's not very spacious up there and three girls in crowns seem to clog up the area. hehe


     After the arch, Jillian had to go to work. :-(  The rest of us grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the zoo!!  We saw bunches of great animals and we even watched a 3-D movie and rode on a rollercoaster without tracks.  Who knew the zoo had more than animals, these days?!



     Finally on Monday, we went to Six Flags!  We spent the first part of the day in Hurricane Harbor.  We rode the wave pool, the lazy river, and some great slides. :)

     We spent the second part of the day in the actual theme park.  I hadn't been to a theme park for a long time, so I was a little nervous about riding all the crazy rides and starting out with the Batman didn't help! haha  I soon realized that I loved the thrilling rollercoasters just as much as Jillian and Charlee. :)  All day I had been looking forward to some Dip N' Dots that I planned to get at the end of the day, but appearently all the Dip N' Dots stands shut down 30 minutes before the park did...EXCEPT ONE!! :)  I was extatic when I saw her cute little stand all lit up!  We stayed at the park until it closed, making a very exhausting, but fun day.


     I spent the last day of St. Louis getting my hair done.  I got there at 5:30 in the morning and left at 1:45 in the afternoon!  I guess the good things in life really do take time...And just in case you were wondering, they weren't kidding when they said that beauty is pain!

     I'm so blessed to have such amazing sister queens (we missed you Amanda!!) and be able to represent such a wonderful area of Missouri!!
With Love,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment