Thursday, June 2, 2011

Last Gateway Prep Day!

     Miss Missouri week is just around the corner!  My last day in St. Louis with my Gateway board was May 14th.  We had round table discussions,  and practiced our talents and modeling.  My evening gown was back from being taken in by the seamstress, so I even got to practice walking in it!

     We then headed to Costco, in St. Peters, to collect money for the Children's Miracle Network.  Costco, a CMN supporter, has a goal of raising $2,000 for CMN.  Amanda, Charlee, & I helped them get a little over $200 closer to that goal!  We mingled through the customers waiting in the check-out lanes and gave CMN hot air balloons to those who donated.  We collected some money and reminded others to add a donation onto their bill.  So, hopefully they collected a lot of money that way also.  We had a great time and were happy to help out!

     Next, I had a lesson with Tara Osseck, Miss Missouri 2009, to work on my talent.  She was a lot of fun and a huge help!

     We then went to eat with Charlee, Amanda, and their moms at the St. Louis Bread Company.  We had planned to go watch Amanda sing the national anthem at a baseball game, but it was cancelled due to uncooperative weather.  Sooo, we went shopping instead!!

     Meri Lyn, Charlee's mom, was bound and determined to find a white, closing number dress for me.  (I still did not have one at the time)  Unfortunately, we were not successful in that area. :(  But no worries!!  Charlee and I still had fun trying on all kinds of fun clothes.  :)  We even found some dresses very similar to our interview dresses!
With Love,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment