Sunday, November 28, 2010

Halloween 5k Run for Miracles




Charlee and I could've watched this timer click all day!


     On Halloween morning I was joined by my three sister queens, the Gateway board, and 26 runners for the Halloween 5K Run for Miracles.  Rather than running, my sister queens and I provided helpful hands where they were needed.  Some members of the Gateway board helped register the runners and others stationed themselves along the trail and guided the runners down the right path.  Charlee and I recorded the runner's times while Amanda and Jillian congratulated them as they crossed the finish line.  We were also able to hand out some of the awards following the run.  I think it's safe to say that all of us did our fair share of dancing to keep warm!  It was also probably a wonderful source of entertainment for those around us! :)

Hugging is a GREAT way to stay warm!

Amanda showing off her dance moves :)
Michael, Charlee, and I
SO cute!
     Many of the runners wore costumes.  I have to say that my favorite was the little boy, Michael in a cow outfit.  But the lady dressed as a Diva Catwoman definitely came in for a close second!  One woman even dressed her dog as a yellow submarine!


After the run we had the opportunity to chat
with two local teachers dressed as 'Thing 1' & 'Thing 2.'




Announcing Michael the Cow
as the child's costume winner.
      The run was a fundraiser for Children's Miracle Network (CMN).  CMN has been Miss America's national platform for about 5 years.  CMN works to raise money for over 170 children's hospitals in the United States.  I have found that raising money for CMN is always a good time and visiting the children in the hospitals is amazingly rewarding!  On Halloween we raised over $1,000 for the organization!


I ripped the runner's nametags off.
This man's was a bit tricky!

     A special thanks to the event's sponsors, Paul Mitchell Salon, Ghisallo Running, the Miss Gateway St. Louis Scholarship Program, and Road ID along with the CMN representatives present, Phil and Maria.


Paul and Maria, the CMN representatives

With Love,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment